If you are anything like me, then the kitchen is the heart of the home and I'm always in it. Whether it be for cooking or cleaning, chatting over a cuppa, I always gravitate towards the kitchen...must be because I'm Greek...
Due to the amount of said cooking and lingering, it gets messy and dirty easily, and is the most cleaned room in the house. I hardly ever go to bed with a messy kitchen, it just needs to be sparkling for me to sleep properly :)
image from marthastewart.com
Here is my top five handy hints for making you're time matter whilst you're in there!
1. The best time to clean your kitchen, especially the fridge is the day before you do your grocery run! Less to contend with in the fridge! Trivial but makes a huge difference in time when you're time poor!
2. For dishwasher owners: Instead of letting your dirty dishes accumulate on the bench top, always have an empty dishwasher and put them in immediately! That way your benches don't need wiping down as often because they don't get soiled from dirty dishes.
3. When cooking, wash up the big pots as you go, if you can multitask, this makes washing up SO much easier at the end of the meal and even better it might be a simple as stacking you're dishwasher and being done requiring no full belly clean up!
4. Quickly wipe out your microwave each time you use it! New spills are always easier to clean than yucky stuck forever ones.
5. At least once a week, remove old or out of date items from your fridge and review your pantry contents, write down items that you need when you run out of them (you can keep a list on your fridge) this will save time when shopping day comes around, you'll already know what you need.
Hope you've enjoyed these top five kitchen tips
Happy Organising :)
THE THIRD DRAW (the bermuda triangle of household items)